How to Learn Transcendental MeditationThe Transcendental Meditation technique is easy to learn and provides a lifetime of benefits. The Transcendental Meditation technique is taught through a seven-step course of instruction by a trained TM teacher. The course is followed by weekly, and then monthly, checking sessions (averaging 30-45 minutes) to ensure correct practice of the technique. The course also includes an optional, lifetime follow-up of checking and knowledge to ensure maximum benefit.
The Initial Seven Steps
1. Free introductory talk by a certified TM teacher (60-90 minutes)
What you'll learn:
- Why TM is so effective for stress and anxiety
- How TM naturally promotes wellness
- What happens during TM
- Why anyone can practice TM
- Why TM works from the start
2. Personal Interview
A brief private meeting with a qualified teacher of the TM program, following the Intro Talk.
3. Personal Instruction
One on one instruction in the TM technique with a qualified TM teacher (1-2 hours).
Note: TM course fee is required at this step.
4. First day of checking
Verifying the correctness of the practice and further instruction. (1-2 hour group meeting)
5. Second day of checking
Understanding the mechanics of the TM technique based on personal experiences.
(1-2 hour group meeting)
6. Third day of checking
Understanding higher stages of human development. (1-2 hour group meeting)
7. Free life time follow-up and support
This last step of the Initial Seven Steps ensures that your practice of TM technique is effective and enhances your experiential learning of the benefits it brings to you in your life.
Free lifetime follow-up and support
Once you have completed the TM course, you have the intellectual and experiential knowledge to meditate. Next comes a series of important weekly and monthly personal checking sessions to ensure that you are meditating properly and gaining the benefits. These classes will be scheduled at your convenience over your first several months of practice.
Enrich your understanding and experience and ensure that you are gaining maximum from your practice. These are available to all TM course participants at no cost at any TM Center in Canada:
- Conveniently schedule appointments with your TM teacher to verify that your meditation practice is optimal and have any questions answered.
- Personal one-on-one "tune-ups" of your TM practice, TM refresher courses.
- Exclusive access to resources that provide deeper knowledge to enhance the experience gained from your TM practice.
The course fee includes:
- Personal instruction
- The four day course to consolidate the learning of the technique.
- A lifetime of follow-up and support at no additional cost.
Gary P Kaplan, associate professor of neurology at New York University School of Medicine
"If you have a technique that you practise 20 minutes twice a day, a technique that allows you to be dynamic in your activity and yet not to accumulate the stress that wreaks havoc on your health, then you have a key to better health."